If you haven’t seen the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, then you are really missing out on one of the finest architectural marvels of India.
The concept behind this building and its design is one of a kind in the entire world..
We have some amazing facts about this marvel for you today.. Read on..!!
1. This famous monument is located in Jaipur, built in 1799
2. The name literally means ‘Palace of Winds’
3. The building has five floors, which is a fete for the 17th century
4. The Hawa Mahal has 953 windows, which were specially designed to keep the building cool
5. The building was designed especially for the royal ladies to see the processions on the street, without exposing themselves
6. The building looks pink, due to the red and pink coloured slabs of stone used for construction
7. It is the only building in the world, which stands so tall without a foundation
8. The building is actually curved and leans at an angle of eighty-seven degrees
9. The shape of the building is supposed to resemble the crown of Lord Krishna
10. The building is full of ‘jaali’ work and resembles a bee hive