I was extremely tired of Ekta Kapoor and her over decked yet never ending serials which made fun of life, death and even relationships. I just stopped watching TV.
Trust me, it has been nearly 2 years since my idiot box was switched on for serials. All I played were songs and that too on regional channels like PTC Chakde or Fastway music..!!
Ba, bahu, devrani, aisa, gaisa, vadhu and all such names made me puke.. the heavy necklaces and over done make up was just too much to handle..
Then I was told by my boss to tap Zindagi channel for some reason and I am so very happy to confess, that today – I am addicted to it..!! Amazing channel!!
The serials are actually short stories which don’t have any larger than life kinda stupidity but plain incidences which happen in general, day to day life. They are very plain and simple, with an astounding charm to them. They have a limited time period and come to an end once the story’s motive has been portrayed.
Many say it’s given a platform to Pakistani actors and that’s posing a threat for our Indian actors. I believe that performing arts and anything related to creativity just does not have a territorial boundation. They are good actors and I love the way they speak.. so calm..Urdu.. very pleasing to the ears..!!
Here are the programs which I am following at the moment:
1. Bilquees – The epic battle of ‘Saas-Bahu’ can never be as funny as this. ‘Bilqees’ is a rib-tickling comedy
2. Dolly Ki Ayegi Baraat – Three suitors for a bride and a lot of comic confusion
3. Feriha – Story of a Turkey-based family with its share of problems
4. Rubaru – An intriguing story of the troubled past
5. Jackson Heights – An intriguing drama highlighting the emotions of immigrants living in the US
6. Daam – A brand new show revolving around trust, friendship and betrayal
Loving these actors, addicted to their oh-so-natural performances. Thanks Zindagi channel.. You’ve made me come back to watching TV again..!!