How I wish that could be true..!!
But you have to believe me when I say that seeing even a glimpse of the beautiful and eternal Golden Temple makes my heart feel calm and composed…as if there’s just nothing more beautiful than this in the world.
You too can have a 360 degree view of the inside of Darbar Sahib by clicking on the link below:
CLICK HERE For 360 Degree View!
Besides the Panoramic view, here are the facts that you should now about this religious structure:
1. It is the most sacred place of worship for the Sikh community and of course other religions too, and is located in Amritsar
2. The construction of the Golden Temple started in 1588 under the aegis of the fourth Sikh Guru, Guru Ram Das Ji and was later completed by Guru Arjun Dev Ji
3. The foundation of the Golden Temple was laid by a Muslim saint Mian Mir
4. Most of the structure is made of marble but the pure gold plating on the outside is the reason why it attracts so much tourist attention
5. The Golden Temple is also known as the ‘Darbar Sahib’ or ‘Harmandar Sahib’ and is the highest place for worship for any Sikh
6. The water surrounding the Golden Temple is known as the Amrit Sarovar (Pool of Nectar). Stories in history talk about the special healing powers of this water due to which one can see thousands of people bathing in it everyday
7. Darbar Sahib has a free food service for all called the langar, wherein more than 35,000 people are fed without paying a single penny and no one even asks them for anything in return
8. All the diners have to sit on the floor, symbolizing the central Sikh doctrine of the equality of all people and this practice is called as pangat.
9. The Golden Temple has four entrances in the North, East, South and West, indicating that people from all four corners are warmly welcomed to seek inner peace and need not ask for a permit to enter
10. The stairs entering the temple go down, rather than up like traditional holy places. They are deliberately designed in such a fashion to bring a sense of humbleness and eradicate arrogance in visitors
A lot more can be talked about this holy place of worship but I guess I will stop here due to the fact that words are just not enough for me to describe its greatness..!!
Satnam Sri Waheguru Jio…