We have been hearing theories and supposed facts since our childhood. How many times have we really questioned those stories and tried to find the truth?
Don’t worry, we did the spadework for you.
All you have to do is to get ready to get shocked!
1. Milkha Singh had turned to look back during the 400m race at the 1960 Olympics
He was fifth in line and he never looked back.
2. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose died in a plane crash
According to the Mukherjee report published in 1999, he never died in an air crash and no DNA analysis was done of the ashes. In other words, we will never know.
3. Gandhiji said: “An eye for an eye would leave the whole world blind”
These words were never said by Gandhi. Only Ben Kinsley said them in the movie Gandhi.
4. Lalu’s daughter Misa Bharti was invited to give a lecture at Harvard
Misa Bharti published a post that showed her giving a lecture at Harvard. In reality, it was her backyard.
5. India’s national sport is hockey
In a reply to an RTI, the Sports Ministry had clarified that no game has been given the status of national sport of India.
6. Benares is the oldest city in the entire world
That’s not true, because there are at least 30 other cities, which have been known to be inhabited before Varanasi.
Get your facts right!
7. Ayodhya has been around since the time of Lord Rama
The present day Ayodhya was made by King Vikramaditya and was not there at the time of Ramayana.
There is actually a town in Thailand by the name Ayutthaya which also has a similar story.
And you thought only you could lie!!