Single moms are not your regular women so don’t make the mistake of taking them for granted.
While dating her is a unique experience, you will need a sound head on your shoulders in order to make it work.
There are some ground rules, which you must follow. Read on to know more:
1. If you think she is easy and out to play games, move on mister
The only games she wants to play are the ones that her kid loves.
2. Don’t even try to pretend that you like kids
Be honest and admit that you don’t know the difference between raising and liking kids. Take a genuine interest in the kid and don’t feel ashamed to admit that you missed Ice Age.
3. Don’t embarrass her by asking dumb questions
Did you consider an abortion? Were you sure at that time? They are already asked that enough number of times, spare them.
4. Don’t look shocked if she hasn’t heard Taylor Swift & Rihanna
She hardly has time for mascara, or waxing. Help her out, burn her a CD.
5. If you want her, train yourself to work according to her schedules
You are now at the mercy of school timetables, doctor’s appointments and stuffy noses. Get her some wine for being a super woman.
6. Sunday sleep-ins will have to be forsaken
Until the little humans can manage getting their own cereal, you will need to get up according to their feeding schedules. If you really want to impress her, make her breakfast.
7. You might have to handle a nasty ex too
Support her if she is handling an ex who refuses to go away, and also support her if she is on good terms with her ex still.
8. If she has to be home by 10, then 10 it is
Let’s not forget that babysitters are not easy to find. Leave the party on time, or else face the music.
9. This woman doesn’t need your money, she sure needs a shoulder
She’s been handling it alone all this while, so don’t pity her, PAMPER her.
10. If you want to end it on a bad note, gift her a puppy
She already has her hands full, so she doesn’t need another being pooping, howling and chewing.