Don’t go to Kerala without a list of things to do. If you miss out on something, then don’t blame us. The state has so much to offer.
1. You must watch a Kathakali dance
The live performance in the night will truly leave you mesmerized.
2. A trip to the Iringal Crafts Village is a must
This unique village offers you an insight on the cultural diversity of the state. Pick something made from coconut shells or fibre.
3. You cannot miss a Kalaripayattu Bout
Have a glimpse at this majestic martial art that dates back 3000 years. The athletic strength of the performers will truly bewilder you.
4. Exploration of the sandalwood forest at Marayoor
The fragrance of this forest will stay with you for life. And you get the added treat of rock painting from the pre-historic era too.
5. Ride an elephant
If you leave Kerala without riding an elephant, you will regret it for life.
6. A Theyyam performance will enthrall you
This open air theatre performance is sure to leave you awe struck. You might not understand the hymns, but the music will surely impress you.
7. Periyar is famous for Bamboo rafting
Besides the boat race, Kerala is also famous for its forest reserves. Nature buffs can have a ball in Periyar.