Imtiaz Ali has an aura about him, which makes him one of the most mysterious directors in15 the industry.
While we are eagerly awaiting the release of Tamasha, we thought we should give this man his due credit.
1. He started his career writing for TV shows like Kurukshetra and Imtehaan
2. We bet you didn’t know that he also wrote the script for movies like Jab We Met, Rockstar and Love Aaj Kal
3. Imtiaz Ali was born in a Muslim family in Jamshedpur
4. His father,Mansoor Ali, undertook irrigation jobs when he was young
5. He completed his basic education from Patna and did the rest of his schooling from Jamshedpur
6. He has studied from the Hindu College and University of Delhi. He even started a dramatics society called, Ibtida
7. He also pursued a diploma course from Xavier Institute of Communication
8. He was first married to Preety Ali, with whom he has a daughter. But they divorced in 2012
9. He later connected to Pakistani actress Iman Ali, but they parted ways in 2014
10. The production company Window Seat Films is owned by him. He has produced Highway and Tamasha
11. He has won the Filmfare award for the best dialogues for his movie Jab We Met. He has also been nominated several times for the best story and best director award
Can’t wait for the Tamasha release! Booked your tickets yet?