The Cabinet in its meeting held today decided to amend the ‘Land Record Manual’ by creating one Kanungo circle over every six Patwar circles leading to creation of 154 posts of Kanungos in the State. In addition to this Cabinet also decided to strengthen the ‘Revenue Records Rooms’ for which 148 posts of various categories were sanctioned.
The Cabinet Meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Shri Virbhadra Singh.
It was also decided that in lieu of allowing sell/ transfer of equity share above 26 percent to 49 percent of projects up to two MW capacity from Himachali promoters to Non Himachali and to sell/transfer equity shares above 49 percent to 51 percent of projects above two MW to five MW capacity from Himachali to Non Himachali, a fee at a rate of Rs. 25000 per MW is to be deposited at the time of signing Tripartite Agreement for transfer of project and the same is to be incorporated in Hydro Power Policy 2006.
The Cabinet also approved to cancel four Small Hydro Electric Projects namely Seri Nala (2.50 MW) in District Shimla, Malin-II (0.50 MW) in District Kangra, Tikar (1.00 MW) and Kandi (0.90 MW) both in District Mandi recommended by Himurja for failing to adhere to the guidelines as agreed upon.
Posts filled or created
· It approved filling up of 175 posts of various categories in the Health Society on contract basis through National Health Mission.
· A decision was taken for creation/filling up 57 posts in State Narcotics Drugs Psychotropic Substance Crime Control Unit (SNCC) and its field Units for prevention and effective law enforcement response to combat drug trafficking and drug abuse in the State.
· It approved creation/filling up 21 posts of teaching faculty in Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering College Kangra at Nagrota Bagwan.
· Filling of 12 vacant posts of Steno Typists on contract basis in Forest Department.
· Filling of six vacant posts of Steno Typists on contract basis in Animal Husbandry Department.
· Approval was given to fill up five vacant posts of various categories in the Institute for Children with Special Abilities in Social Justice and Empowerment Department.
· It also approved creation of two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) for Baddi- Barotiwala-Nalagarh Development Authority.
· It approved creation of two posts of Sub-Editors Class-II (Non Gazetted) on contract basis in the Information and Public Relations Department.
· It approved creation of two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) and filling up of two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) and two posts of Statistical Assistants in Department of Animal Husbandry.
· A decision was taken to create one post of Superintendent Grade-II and Instructor IT Lab in newly opened ITI Mashobra, District Shimla in the Department of Technical Education.
· A decision was taken to filling up of two vacant posts of Scientific Assistant, one each in (Physics Ballistics Division) at Forensic Science, Junga and in (Chemistry/Toxicology division) at RFSL, Dharamshala through direct recruitment on contract basis.
· A decision was taken to up-grade the post of Senior Assistant to the post of Superintendent-II in the Home/Vigilance Department.
· The cabinet approved filling up of 21 posts of various categories to strengthen Atal Bihari Vajpayee Mountaineering Institute Manali.
· The cabinet gave its nod for up-gradation of Health Sub Centre Kotlu to PHC along-with creation of three posts in Thural, Palampur.
· The cabinet gave its nod to up-gradation of Health Sub Centre, Haban to PHC in Sirmour district and creation of three posts therein.
· Opening of Health Sub Centre at Peharwin and PHC at Mahari Kathla, District Bilaspur along-with creation of two posts for HSC Peharwin and three posts of PHC Mahari Kathla as per the announcement of the Chief Minister.
· Opening of PHC at Gullarwala along-with creation of three posts and up-gradation of PHC Ramshehar to CHC in Solan District as per the announcement of the Chief Minister.
· Opening of Health Sub centre at Village Mehli in District Shimla along-with creation of two posts as per the announcement of the Chief Minister.
· It also decided to upgrade four posts of faculty in IGMC Shimla in various departments so as to overcome the shortage of senior faculty member in Dr. Y.S. Parmar Government Medical College, Nahan.
· The Cabinet issued directions to the Health Department to explore the possibility of opening Trauma Centre at Deen Dayal Upadhaya Hospital Shimla.
Other Important Decisions
· The cabinet approved exemption from entertainment duty to New Cinema Houses for a period of five years. At present 10 percent of entertainment duty is levied on all type of entertainments. The exemption will boost opening new cinema houses.
· It approved revision of Monetary Benefits to Gallantry Award Winners. The lump-sum grant to the recipients of Paramvir Chakra and Ashok Chakra has been enhanced from Rs. 25 lakh to Rs.30 lakh and annuity from Rs. 1.25 lakh to Rs. 3.00 lakhs and similarly lump-sum grant to the recipient of Mahavir Chakra from Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh and annuity from rupees one lakh to two lakh as per the budget announcement of the Chief Minister. The cabinet approved enhancement in annuity for other categories of Gallantry Awards winners too.
· The cabinet approved for opening five veterinary dispensaries at Moin in Gram Panchayat Dehra, Haripur in Gram Panchayat Taluna, Kashtha in Ani, Damah in Nither and Soidhar in Dalash, all in district Kullu.
· Cabinet approved to lease out the land in favour of SBI Chamba for construction of building of Rural Self Employment Training Institute (RSETI) so that training could be provided to rural un-employed youth to make them self-employable.
The Cabinet approved up-gradation of Sub Tehsil Ani to Tehsil.
Cabinet also approved opening of Sub-Division Police Office at Bhabanagar in District Kinnaur along-with post of Deputy Superintendent of Police and supporting staff. It also gave its nod to upgrade Police Station Sujanpur with Inspector level.
It also gave approval for inclusion of area of Gram Panchayat of Silh, District Kangra in Police Station Jawalamukhi instead of Police Chowki Majheen under Police Station Khundian.
The cabinet also gave its approval to upgrade veterinary dispensary Majheen and Lagdu in Jawalamukhi and for creation of requisite posts in it. It also approved up-gradation of veterinary dispensary Dadhol and Kapahra in Bilaspur district and creation of necessary posts.
This comes as a relief, as it means there could be creation of more veterinary jobs for those who are seeking work, vets and nurses alike. This also means that animals in and around the region can now be treated in a quicker and better manner.
Amendments and Rules
· Cabinet approved Himachal Pradesh Lokayukta (Conditions of Service) Rules-2016.
· Cabinet approved amendment in the H.P. Panchayati Raj (Finance, Audit, Works, Taxation and Allowances) Rules-2002.
· The Cabinet also approved amendments in Skill Up-gradation with Job/Outsourcing Guarantee (SUJOG) Scheme.