Bollywood..which means the Bombay Film Industry which sees innumerable new faces everyday but surely has some moments which even today are termed as priceless..!!
The race for becoming number one is so fast paced that no one realizes how fast time flies by.Take a look at these 35 pictures which will any day make you relive vintage Bollywood :
1. A rare photo of Bollywood actors Deepti Naval and Smita Patil during an outing together
2. Suchitra Sen received the Best Actress Award for Devdas (1955), which was her first Hindi movie
3. Long before Aishwarya Rai and Parveen Babi, Madhubala caught the eye of Hollywood, when seeing her massive fan following, an American Magazine Theatre Arts published an article – ‘The Biggest Star in the World – and she’s not in Beverly Hills’.
4. Nargis, whose real name was Fatima Rashid, was born on June 1, 1929
5. “I was not as good-looking as Madhubala, all I had going for me was talent” – Mala Sinha
6. Pran and his wife Shukla
7. Amrish Puri failed first screen test and had to find a job with LIC
8. Zeenat Aman as Miss Asia 1970 winner
9. Vasanth Kumar Shivashankar Padukone was popularly known as Guru Dutt
10. Possibly the first-ever picture of Hrithik Roshan
13. Pramila (Esther Abrahams) actress and first Miss India
14. After his epic-size hit Sholay, Amjad Khan went ahead to endorse Parle-G, Tata Tea and Britannia Glucose-D biscuits. Britannia Glucose D biscuits had employed Sholay’s Gabbar Singh to push their product over Parle’s Glucose biscuits.
15. Indrani Rahman, Miss India at Miss Universe 1952. She was the first dancer presented on a national tour by the Asia Society
16. Waheeda Rehman, old Bollywood beauty actress whose talent was discovered by Guru Dutt that too, by chance
17. Dara Singh and his family
18. Rare Cassette tape cover featuring Pakistani Bollywood actress Salma Agha
19. Shammi Kapoor began his career working as a junior artiste for his dad’s Prithvi Theatre at a monthly salary of Rs 50
20. Vintage Filmfare magazine cover with Raj Kapoor (1958)
21. Shashi Kapoor played Amitabh Bachchan’s younger brother in Deewar, Trishul, Shaan and his only older brother once, in Silsila
22. Classic printed Charminar ad, featuring Jackie Shroff
23. Anupam Kher, Jeetendra, Shobha Kapoor and Kirron Kher
24. Rekha with her sisters and her father
25. Tina Munim & her mom on Tina’s wedding ceremony
26. The Ganguly family with Ashok Kumar and Kishore Kumar in a rare picture
27. Nutan – a leading actress of Hindi Cinema from the 50s and 60s
28. Raj Kapoor and a Russian stripper around 1970
29. Lalita Pawar, Bollywood actress of the thirties
30. Meena Kumari in Sahib Bibi Ghulam
31. 70s advert with Bollywood actor Kabir Bedi
32. The best item girl of yesteryear Helen Richardson Khan also known as Helen is an old school Bollywood legend
33. Actress Nimmi in 1952
34. Mumtaz is an Arabic word meaning “distinguished” or “best”
35. Sunil Dutt with former US President Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter
The best part about all these celebrities is that they were naturally beautiful..didn’t try to get under the knife to change the way they looked..!!
11. Amitabh Bachchan in school. Can you recognize him?
12. Dharmendra and Hema Malini in “Maa” (1976)