Living in a city like Chandigarh is a long and never ending celebration. People hardly have any important stuff to do, that’s why they are mostly vella. Recently, BBC reported Chandigarh as the perfect city in the world. For obvious reasons like a well-planned city, clean & green, not much traffic problems. Those who live in this city and have grown up with the city are simply in love with everything this city offers. So, these are things which this city offers. KHURKI brings you things you will relate to if you are a Chandigarhian…
1) People in Chandigarh always have a separate budget (after buying a car) for bigger tyres, alloy wheels, stereo, woofer…
2. Shopping in guys’ vocabulary refers to buying daru from Jugnu ahata and soda, glasses from any confectionery.
3. Names like Neelam, Nirman, Kiran, Jagat, Batra, Piccadily aren’t just names but entertainment centres in Chandigarh.
4. Abbreviations like GCG, MCM mean a lot without knowing their full forms.
5. Guys speak in loud Punjabi when a group of girls passes by and girls start speaking in English every time guys pass by.
6. The city seems too slow and dead and everyone heads to Delhi or Bangalore.
7. Traffic cops start the challan drive in the last week of March to end the year in good numbers.
8. Everyone in Chandigarh has a ‘maasi’ in Canada , a ‘bhua’ in UK or a ‘mama’ in the US.
9. Everyone has some political connection.
10. Stu-C is more popular among non students.
11. You are proud of being from a particular school and a member of its alumni group (YPS, Vivek, GNPS, Carmel, St John’s).
12. Owning a Bullet while still in school is an achievement.
13. Spending upto Rs 2 lakh on number 1 for a car’s number plate does not raise any eyebrows in Chandigarh.
14. Kinetic Honda scooter is referred to as a Kiney and Bullet bike as Bullt.
We were talking about a number unknown or 'hi-hello' type mates who're invariably ready to bug us on our 'Relationshit status'. Oops...'Relationship', I mean!! Their relationship shit rarely matters...